Zeelamo Science and Technology Academy
Zeelamo provides a social interactive platform for its users who can participate in different activities and upload different types of contents. Although we do our best to control the contents and prevent posting inappropriate material, it will remain the users’ responsibility for whatever they post or upload on Zeelamo. We utilize the world’s top standard mechanisms to provide a safe and highly secured environment, but there is always some open ports that spammers or hackers can use to attack online systems. Therefore, we encourage all our users to have backups of their data and in case any data and information breach, Zeelamo will not take any responsibility.
- This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Effective Date: ……..
2. Data Controllers and Contracting Parties
- If you reside in the “Designated Countries”: Zeelamo in Australia will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services; you are entering into the User Agreement with KS Australia.
- If your location is outside the Designated Countries: Zeelamo will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with, our Services; you are entering into the User Agreement with Zeelamo.
3. Information Collection and Use
Types of Data Collected Information you directly and voluntarily provide to us:
- At time of registration: to create an account you need to provide data including:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Highest educational level
- Address: County and City if not the exact location.
- For PhD degree: current position and provide us with a short introduction.
- We do not collect sensitive information such as information about your race, political views, religious views, or health conditions.
Please be aware that after registration your name/educations (not your email) can be viewed by both users and visitors.
You may also be asked to give some other information including your gender or birthday that can be ignored as well by you and they are not mandatory.
Communications from you
when you send us an email or call us in order to discuss your concern or if you faced an issue while using our services.
- Customer Support
For technical assistance with the service or information that you would like to receive about our services.
Third party providers
- Information we automatically collect including:
- Your Device and Location: When you visit or leave our services (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser, platform type, the number of clicks on a page or feature, domain names, country, landing pages accessed, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our Services from a mobile device, users’ locations are only shown based on their entered city name. So the exact location is unknown.
- Messages We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services. For example, if you get a LinkedIn connection request, we track whether you have acted on it and will send you reminders.
Cookies files contain not a large amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
- Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
4. Use of Google services
Zeelamo makes this right reserve to use all features (analysis, analytics) and services that have been released by Google institute in California, USA (“Google”). More information about Google’s data privacy and security can be found here. If you are interested you can visit Google’s page on ‘How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps’, and Google’s terms and policies for further information.
5. How we use the information we collect about you
- Zeelamo uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide enough information in order for effective communication among our users is guaranteed.
- Enable you to benefit from our services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you use our different services such as: Dictionary, User’s geo map, library, Learning English, E-learning: Arbitrary courses, Chat room Conference room, Groups Follow or add other members as friends, Personal wall: posting everything including photos, videos and texts, Online file repository, Online doc: similar to google doc, Online forum, News.
6. Transfer of Data
- Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
7. Disclosure of Data
Zeelamo may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Zeelamo
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- To protect against legal liability.
8. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service (“Service Providers”), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
10. Links to Other Sites
11. Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
We provide many choices about the collection, use, and sharing of your data, from deleting or correcting data you include in your profile and controlling the visibility of your posts to advertising opt-outs and communication controls. For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
12. Direct Marketing and Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your permission.
14. Contact Us
Thank you for supporting Zeelamo